How to configure your domain with Porkbun DNS for use on ImprovMX
1. Go to your ImprovMX dashboard at https://app.improvmx.com then locate the domain in question (we will use improvmx.ml for this example) and click on it to enter the domain settings menu.
2. Scroll down to the MX entries section. This shows the two DNS MX records you will need to add on your DNS control panel. Click on the value at the right hand side - this will copy it to the clipboard for use in the next step.
3. Go to your Porkbun dashboard and click the DNS link under your domain to open the DNS configuration.
4. Click the Type dropdown and change it to MX - Mail exchange record.
5. Leave the Host field blank and go to the Answer field. Here, paste the value you copied to the clipboard earlier (
6. Leave the TTL field as the default value and in the Priority field enter 10.
7. Click on Add.
8. Go back to the ImprovMX dashboard and click on the 2nd MX record value to copy it to the clipboard.
9. Back in Porkbun, you can now create the 2nd MX record. The Type field should already be set to MX and the Host field blank. Paste the value you copied earlier (
mx2.improvmx.com.) into the Answer field.
10. Leave the TTL field as the default value and enter 20 in the Priority field.
11. Click on Add.
12. Go back to the ImprovMX dashboard and look for the SPF records section. Click the Recommended Value to copy it to the clipboard.
13. Back in Porkbun, change the Type dropdown to TXT.
14. Leave the Host field blank and paste the SPF value (
v=spf1 include:spf.improvmx.com ~all) into the Answer field. Leave the TTL as the default value.
15. Click Add.
16. That's it! Now you just have to wait for the DNS changes to propagate, which can take up to 24 - 48 hours, although normally much sooner. Once our system has detected the DNS changes we'll notify you and you'll be ready to go! If you're feeling lucky you can try going back to the ImprovMX dashboard and click Check Again in case the changes are picked up straight away!
17. The domain will show Email forwarding active when the DNS changes have propagated successfully.
Still have questions?
If you have any other queries please get in touch with our support team.