Articles in this collection
- How to view email headers
Email headers will tell the full transit story of a particular email. This can often help diagnose possible delivery or alignment issues.
- Using MX Records of Multiple Services
Details of why having MX records for multiple mail providers is not a supported configuration.
- Can I Whitelist an Email Address?
Looking to whitelist an email address you frequently receive mail from?
- Can I use ImprovMX SMTP to send Bulk Mail / create Mailing Lists?
Details about the possibilities when it comes to using ImprovMX for bulk mailing or mailing lists.
- About ImprovMX Spam Filtering
ImprovMX employs a basic layer of spam protection on the system level using the industry standard Spam Assassin software. We are continually monitoring and adjusting the filtering criteria in order to provide the optimum experience for our users.The
- Regex Email Forwarding
Using Regex (Regular Expressions) to Supercharge your Email Forwarding
- What are MX Records?
A brief introduction to our favourite kind of DNS records: the MX record.
- Can I turn off spam protection?
ImprovMX uses Spam Assassin to help protect users against spam mail.
- What are the sending/receiving limits?
How many emails can you receive, forward or send using ImprovMX forwarding and SMTP capabilities.
- Redirecting an alias to multiple email addresses
It is possible to redirect a forwarding alias to more than one email address. Just separate them with a comma, and you're all set!
- Why are my emails landing in spam?
This article will address some common problems with outgoing mail landing in spam.
- Gmail SMTP FAQ
Frequently asked questions and issues regarding Gmail SMTP and the "send mail as..." feature with your custom domain.
- Error codes returned by ImprovMX’s SMTP servers
Here is a list of error codes returned by our server when you try to send an email. This should help you better understand why an email was refused and if it’s something on our end or yours.5.9.0 – Loop detected: Email is sent and forwarded from/to i
- Why doesn't ImprovMX use MXS domains anymore?
We've recently moved away from requiring premium users using different MX records for simplicity and ease of use.
- What are the allowed attachments?
We forward emails with attachments for up to 10MB per email (including message and attached files) and up to 50MB for our premium members.We refuse some attachments for security reasons. The list is basically the same as the other main email provider
- Why does ImprovMX need SPF?
The Sender Policy Framework is commonly used for service that sends emails. With email forwarding, we need you to add us to your SPF.
- Some emails are refused because of Spamhaus, why?
We're using Spamhaus to detect spam emails and protect our email deliverability. Learn how to troubleshoot issues you might having.
- What does “Invalid DKIM signature” mean?
You may have received feedback from someone trying to send you an email which was refused with a message related to DKIM signature.